MY CUTE FAMILY

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fishing explorations

We have been under a huge rain cloud this spring and we have barely seen the sun. So on the one day the sun peaked out, we packed up the fishing poles and called the cousins. It was a fun day to be silly and relax. The kids found this log raft that looked like Huckleberry Finns raft-they later re-named KING MASON'S Raft. What a blast they had on those logs even if they did get a bit more wet then we anticipated.
Saige caught the first fish of the day and boy was she excited, but the little guy was too small so we set him free.

Mark and Gordon saved the day by tying fishing knots, re running the lines and doing almost all of the casts-along with un hooking all of the snags in the water.
We found out that Lauren had never been fishing, so she took a stab at it and even snagged one-but it swam away when it saw that it was her (She is a good cook).
I gave the fishing a go one or 2 times but I found that I am more of a hindrance then a help-I tangled the line dearly, woops.
Mark got out his Great Grandfathers (Frederick Lorne's) fly fishing pole and gave it a whirl, he was nice and patient.
He even caught one that Saige was thrilled to put her little paws on. It wasn't so cool when Mark hit it across a rock to kill it and it's eye balls popped out (literally-grose).
I am not a fishing kind of a girl but having the kids, Lauren,Gordon and Emily around made it fun and so much more enjoyable. YEAH for one sunny day, now back to the rain.

1 comments:

April said...

looks like lots of fun. where was this at? I am not a fishing person either but hey spending time with the family is the real point.