MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, September 8, 2011

First day of school

It's true my last baby has jumped out of the nest and is flapping her own wings. I am a empty nester for most of the day-you could say. I have never had time while at work when I didn't have some child at my feet wanting a snack, to watch t.v., break up a fight or to get them something. So with Rylan now out of the house for Kindergarten it is a new world for me. I really thought I would cry the day my little one left but for some reason I held it together pretty good. I guess I had so much to think about getting the other 2 settled too. Rylan was ready to go way before it was time and she didn't hesitate or latch on to us whatsoever. Every one of my children have been so different with this. I think Saige may have had more butterfly's this time. And yes I shockingly let her pick out her own FIRST day school clothes-I figured she at least got her socks to match her shirt so I should be grateful.

Saige is going into 4th grade and she is so excited to have Rylan in the same school as her-even though they get along like oil and water.

When I asked Rylan how she would know what classroom was hers she informed me that all she had to do was look for the big flower.

Saige was really excited to be sitting with Peyton in her group. Peyton is a great friend and has been in Saige's classes before. I found out that after the first day Saige even ran for class President-WHO KNEW. In fact she is still running for it-this is her speech, "vote for saige because I will treat you the way that you treat me." She was bummed though and said she wouldn't win because another girl named Brooklyn was saying that she would give out candy everyday etc... I told Saige at least she made a promise that she could keep.

The kids have left the HOMEbuilding!!!!! How crazy is this?


I now have a good hour and a half to run or do whatever I want, WHAT THE?????????

1 comments:

April said...

wow home all alone you will probably go crazy, just joking I am sure you will get a ton of things done. I can't believe you baby in Kindergarten man she looks all grown up too. Tell Saige that she is right she might not win but like you told her at least you didn't make false promises.