I have always thought about doing a triathlon but haven't ever fully engaged in one since I am not the worlds best swimmer-heck I am the worst in my family probably. However my 2 youngest girls were able to participate in The gorge kids triathlon this weekend and beat me to the punch. It was an event that both of them were really looking forward to doing. Swimming, biking and running-wooie. Rylan did a .25 swim, .50 bike and .25 run and saige did a .50 swim, 1.0 bike and 1.0 run. When we arrived they were a little nervous at first but then they saw so many of their friends it became a really fun, not challenging event. When I asked them both what their favorite part was they said, THE SWIMMING. (I think it was unique to get to run and swim in the water in the early morning).
Saige joined her buddy Peyton in the water as they prepared to go in the 4th heat for the fourth graders.

The water was chilly but they swam in (and then realized they could touch and most of them jumped up and jogged
through the water)and zoomed away anyways.-she is the one with the green
goggles. It doesn't look like very many kids but that was because of the many different grades, ages and heats that they put them in.

Coming out of the water ready to roll.
Saige was in transition to get on her bike. As a mom it was so hard to help her and take pictures of her while I am also trying to do the same with
Rylan (Mark was at a soccer game with
Ambria).

Watch out here she comes-get out of the way.

Now it is
Rylan's turn. Ry was thrilled because her pal Avery was there to join in on the fun with her.

These little ones were so cute-they didn't dive in as quickly as the older kids but went in at their own pace.

Avery thought the little floating device was a great idea so
Rylan let her use hers.

Watch out she is ready to go to her next destination.

When
Rylan is doing an event like this she gets in real serious mode and really focus' at the task at hand.

When
Rylan came around the corner she was lolly gagging around
humm deee dumm
Look at speedy coming to the finish line.

She is so fast she is flying.

I can't think of a better way to get the kids involved in loving different athletic events then to get them started at an early age. I am so glad that they WANTED to participate and that I didn't have to make them.
1 comments:
This is so cool, they look so grown up. keep at it girls. you are awesome.
Post a Comment