MY CUTE FAMILY

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Never in all my dreams

I have never really wanted anything like this before-in fact I really never ever pictured myself wanting to invest in one. What is it? What could it be? Well a boat of all things. The past few years we have had so much fun with our friends boating that we knew this would and could be a great family investment. Cheaper weekend vacations could be done right here close to home. So for the past several years in the winter time I will look on craigslist every now and again to find that killer deal (under 5 was the goal). I wanted a great deal, pretty new looking, low boat hours and in good condition-CHEAP. That's not too much to ask for right???? Well I thought I found the boat. I was pretty excited and tried to convince Mark about it. Mark was more than willing to go 3 hours away to check this thing out but as the time drew closer of course I got nervous (any large purchases I often get the "OH really we shouldn't, we should do this, and this etc"). Mark knew to make a wise decision and to really see if this was a good investment or a trash can to put money in and throw away. Our kind Friend Chris took the day and headed out with Mark and 5 kids to check this sucker out. Since it was close to my parents my Dad went along for the drive. Unfortunately the boat was a crap load-not worth it. I was so proud of My husband for looking it over very well and realizing this was not for us. Mark texted me and told me the decision. I felt really at peace and thought "Ok our money needs to go elsewhere". Later that night when I went to text my husband to see when he would be returning I noticed a text that came in that I had not seen "Honey, I purchased a boat." My mouth dropped to the floor because we had only narrowed it to that one boat. I guess he went back to my parents house and searched Craigslist for more boats in the area, as to not make the trip a complete failure. Only one guy returned Marks call so they went out and checked it out. The man was asking way more than we really wanted to pay but Mark negotiated and got him to drop quite a lot off and be more in our price range; then he included the trailer, snap covers, water skis, life jackets, wake board and a water tube. Mark was pretty thrilled. I of course was trying to take all this news in and was really shocked that he made the decision without me. In the end though I hope I will be glad for this purchase for years to come. I am really excited to take it out for a spin and get some of my family and Marks out on the water and of course friends. Here it is-It's not the greatest of pictures because it has it's winter covers on and it is winterized so you cant see the inside of it. There are 8 seats so lots of room for buddies.

0 comments: