MY CUTE FAMILY

Monday, February 4, 2008

ER 2 times in one week

I came home from visiting a friend whom had just had a baby and I walk in to a chaotic house. My husband was on the phone with our Doctor and at that time I knew nothing except that it was dealing with Saige. I found out that Saige had been dared again by her sister to take 3 of Mark's meds, 3 of my meds and 2 multivitamins. Not knowing how dangereous this was we were terrified. We were told to take her to the ER and get her tummy pumped. Before Mark had left he had made her drink a lot of milk and even though we were scared I wanted to take some pictures so she could remember the feelings she had and what NOT to do. It turned out that they coulnd't pump her tummy because of the mixtures of meds and they were afraid she would seizure at the time of pumping and then possible choke on sliva etc.. So they had to wait out the course of it. She had to be monitored closely for the first 4 hours while the meds were taking their course and then she had to stay until 10:30 the next morning so they could keep an eye on her and make sure her temp. went down and her shaking, halucinations, etc... It was looking pretty scary in the night and they told us she would probably have multiple seizures. We were truly blessed though and she only ended up throwing up a few times and having some of the above symptoms. Thank goodness for blessings and prayers. What a trooper. Lesson learned-Don't let my children out of my sight or my husbands at any time.


2 comments:

Susan said...

What an awful experience for you. I'm glad your poor little girl is doing better.

Chris and Melanie said...

Okay the 2nd pic you can actually see the tear drops a split second before they are about to fall. I'm so glad you posted these. I can now visualize the whole thing. I still can't believe it, but gosh I'm just glad the little stinker is still alive!!!!