So for some reason I am having picture error problem so I can't publish my pictures that I took-but I will. Yesterday I went in and had Lasik Eye Sur. done here in Hood River. I was a bit nervouse after signing a waiver telling you all the terrible things that "could" happen to you-just like any major surgery they have to tell you just about everything that could go wrong. Mark came with me and he REALLY didn't want to go into the room where I was getting it done-I guess for one he didn't want to see it being worked on and he claimed that he wanted to keep all bacteria out of the room and one less body would be one less bacterial problem. As I am laying there and the doctor is telling me everything he is doing-to my right eye (I am under major drugs and my is numb) all was fine and it really didn't hurt at all. I think the worst part was that they put these drops in your eyes that make you completly black out-but yet you are still concious and hear everything that is going on-that is the closest to being blind I ever want to get, very scary. So that Eye got over pretty quick and then onto the left. Let me tell you if my right eye would have hurt as bad as my Left I may not have continued-It was VERY PAINFUL, I don't know why but it was-I did end up having a blood vessel pop on that eye-not that it hurts anything at all,just looks grose. So that part was a little owie but I made it through. My vision was foggy and My sweet husband made me take extra precautions on everything. Mark had me go to bed with Patches and goggles, and I slept in and out the rest of the day-sleeping medication is great. This morning when I woke up, my eyes were pretty good, I could see the clock across the room-WOW. I think it took me a little getting use to and still is because I am getting headaches from such great vision. At my doctor apt. He told me everything looked great and I have 20/20- Right eye a little blurry still but it will improve. Now I just have to keep the drops in my eyes every 1/2 hour for the next week and all will be well. After the surgery Mark said that now that he has seen it first hand he could NEVER do it, be a patient. He was pretty grosed out, since they enlarge your eye on to a huge TV screen and you get to see the cutting of the flap etc... I guess all I can say is that I am thankful I am not blind and that all went excellent. It sure makes you grateful for your sight.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad the surgery went well. Eric had Lasik a couple of years ago, and he LOVES it. He had terrible vision before, and now he has better than 20/20. I wouldn't have been able to watch the surgery - ick - but it's been totally worth it for Eric.
I want to get it done also, and our military insurance pays for it...except the wait time is huge! I am so tired of contacts and glasses though so I would love to get it done! Glad you were so brave!
Chad had the surgery done about 12 years ago when it first came out and one of hos cornea's got stuck in the machine- SCARY! Luckily, it wasn't damaged and he has loved his perfect vision since the procedure (he even likes to watch the tape). I'm glad he had it b/c I don't know if we would've ever met with his thick, THICK, glasses (you know I'm not really shallow, but seriously)! Congrats and I hope you love your new eyes.
I'm glad everything went well. I have to admit, I would like to get it done, but I'm a big chicken. I'm not sure reading your blog helped. :)
Brian is starting to get really nervous but the excitement is taking over also. He is -8 and practiclly blind anyway! I'm glad it all went well with you.
Post a Comment