We try and escape a few days with some of the family to go to Seaside Oregon. We all pitch in and stay in a three bedroom condo -which makes it nice and cozy especially since we had a little more people than required (12 at one point). But needless to say we love it and we have had some fun-interesting times there.
Mark went and picked up 14 loaves of bread so we could feed the seagulls-Rylan liked it for the first few minutes until I think she thought they were going to eat her-yeah hiding will do the trick
Rylan and I spent a lot of time in the kiddie wading pool, while everyone else enjoyed a dip in the big pool-oh well it was at least warm.

These 2 look just alike-ok there are plenty of differences but she sure does think the world of her daddy-why wouldn't she he is so grand.

Vacationing is just not vacationing with out a little TV watching. Ambria, Kyle (patricks buddy) and Patrick all laugh at some disney show-ok they aren't laughing at this moment but they did.

If you blow up this picture you will see how grand the sand is on Rylan's little face-it was in her nose, ears and anywhere else you could imagine. I think when we took off her diaper she had a pound of sand in it.

On one of our daily walks along the boardwalk we stopped for a photo opp. Here is the newer Torrey family-Kyle, Patrick, mom, Kelsey and Dad

Yes we strut our stuff and yes we take up the entire boardwalk

Here is our family at the beach, we love to be together especially because Mark was able to make it finally (after 5 years this is the first time he was able to arrange the time off)

We always head down town a little bit to do some skee ball- Rylan took the game to heart and played at a whole new level-a different level, called cheating

Grandpa/dad got in the pool with all of us-though the reflection off his white body almost blinded us. I think the boys wrestled and wore him out because that was the only time he swam with us.

Of all our children-Rylan was the only one who went bumper car riding with us. She had fun until it was almost over and she bumped her head on the side of the car-they stopped the rides so she could get off and be comforted.

Since the weather was fantastic and blue skies- we played at the beach often (still a little breezy for swim suits, but the kids didn't care) Rylan chugged tons of buckets around with sand.

Saige taking the beach scenery in from our room

Ambria and Mark took time to dig a hole (rylan wanted one deep enough to get her feet wet)-well he got it so her feet got wet

But we could barely see her

Oh I love these kids-look at that little smile with those mighty big glasses (that I might add she only had for one day and then lost)

So cozy at the beach

We are so glad we could go with family-but we wish there would have been room for all of our families to attend. maybe someday we can all pitch in and do it together. Good bye Beach

5 comments:
I'm SO jealous - I haven't been to Seaside in years. Looks like you all had tons of fun!
Wow no wonder I thought everyone had fallen off the end of the earth. I haven't heard from any one for a while. Any way looks like so much fun of course these are the times that I wish I was home with all of the extended family. I guess that I will be there really soon but only for a week.
You know, as much beach time as we get on Guam, I so miss the Oregon Coast! You guys all look great and like you had a fabulous time. I haven't seen your parents for a long time, so it was nice to see some pics!
Looks like you guys had fun! Where did you stay? Seaside is our closest beach and we are always looking for new places to stay. We use to rent Nunamakers but the cost has gone up...
All the pics make me want to run to Sea side!!! Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment