MY CUTE FAMILY

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

that old tree

All growing up whenever we went camping (which was every year) at the coast we stopped at the "worlds biggest tree" of it's kind in Seaside. It was a way of free entertainment for my family since we didn't have lots of extra cash. Well we have also carried on the tradition of taking our children there every year. We had heard that the hurricane force winds had destroyed it this winter-so we had to stop to see what was left. It is a 80 foot split tree now-still big at the bottom but sad that it has now left. They say it was probably the oldest thing left in oregon- We are sad but at least we get to see the stump still right??wooo hooo It is amazing because all around this area it looks as if a huge dinosaur walked through breaking all the trees and uprooting the rest-I would say thousands were lost during this storm and the weak roots couldn't hold it.

2 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

I'm actually sad about the tree! I'm sick of things dying darn it!

I'm glad to see a new post by the way. :)

April said...

you know I don't ever remember going to see this big tree. I remember going to the battery and lewis and clack fort also watching softball games in Astoria and just riding our bikes to the beach and back but I just can't remember going to look at a tree I guess this means I won't miss it. I do hate to see thing go but life and death are a part of this life and we know that we will not have to deal with that issue after this life.