MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Too much to post/first day

So I have a million and a half reasons why I have not posted---but the list is so long you wouldn't believe anything I told you. I think I am going to start at the present and work my way back. I can't beleive that I actually miss blogging. Once I get back in the swing of things I will be ready to keep this thing updated. My 2 little (older) girls had their first day of school. Ambria was heading off to third grade and Saige off to first grade. It was amazing to have them get up without a fuss, do thier own hair and prep for school. All we had to do was say a family prayer and they recieved their fathers blessings and off they went. It started out fine until This thing on my leg wouldn't let go, it was like a sliver that dug a hole in your skin. Saige was thrilled to see her friends but the thought of me leaving was a little too much. She was the only first grader that wouldn't part from their parent (I guess I should feel pretty loved). Once the teacher lovingly wrapped her arms around her and helped her in, we were able to peel her off and I made my escape. I thought she was well until later I was talking to her after dinner and she told me a little story. It went something like this (background-Saige wanted to show me something) Me: "I can't come over right now, I have to clean off the table. If someone came by and our table was this dirty I would be so embarresed." Saige, "Embarresed!! I was so embarresed today when I had tears coming out of my eyes, and bugars running down my face. I was sitting with the teacher in the front of the class." Ok so she trumped me.
Ambria on the other had loved school and was excited to be back-except for the homework, which is not her favorite thing by any means.




4 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, Saige sure didn't look upset in the pictures! They are so cute- and self sufficent! Maisey's first day of kindergarten is tomorrow!

Tracey said...

first day of school is so hard on both the child and parent.

April said...

how exciting I know you have been super busy this last month and will forgive the lack of updates

Ashley said...

Your girls are darling! I'm glad they made it through their first day of school. We must have the same taste, I just bought Emily the same jacket. :)