Sometimes when I am trying to get my kids to eat and also be grateful for what they have I will explain to them about kids on the street that don't have anything. So I mentioned this the other day, as we were trying out a new meal and I said, "Think of those kids on the street that don't have anything, not even a place to live." Saige looked at me very concerned and said, "Wont they get ran over in the street mom?" So then I tried to correct myself and I said, "well they don't live in the street, sometimes they live under bridges--" as I said that I had to quickly change what I said so she didn't think that kids lived in the water under bridges but under passes-I thought it was a simple way to get them to eat more food but I guess not.
Tonight we had Broccoli soup and the girls liked it to begin with but half way through they weren't eager to finish it. I told them that whomever finished first would get a bigger peice of whatever we were having for treat-I don't think I have ever seen the gilrs work so hard to chug it down. Saige wasn't too thrilled that Ambria won and whined that it wasn't fair, etc.... I guess she will eat quicker next time.
I know it looks grose but really it is good.
mmm, mmm, good
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
kids on the street
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
well I have to say wow that they ate it at all. but what a good idea a race everything works better when it is a race.
Saige looks real excited in this pic...hahaha.
I tagged you, check out my blog for the scoop. :)
Post a Comment