MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Finger knitting?




Ambria has been coming home the past few months knitting.

I bought her some knitting needles and she was thrilled to take them to school and practice out her new talent. Today she came home and she has learned an even better talent-finger knitting. I had never heard of it and didn't really think she could do much with it. In less than 10 minutes she had a small scarf done for her sister. The wonderful thing about this talent is that it requires nothing but yarn, and patience. Way to go Bree-keep picking up those skills so that you may someday be craftier than your mom (it doesn't take much I know).

3 comments:

Christy Lou said...

Hahaha! That is awesome!! I thought I was the only nut in the family who knitted (other than Grandma of course) I don't do much anymore because I have to be careful with my wrists and carpel tunnel, but I love doing it - so relaxing! I think her new trick is is amazing, I never knew you could finger knit, that is just cool.
Did those email's come through for you?

Chris and Melanie said...

That is so funny! (The part about her being craftier than you, lol) I wish my kids would take interest in stuff like that. It sure beats them sitting in front of the T.V or computer!

April said...

hey breezy its ne, when we lived in Hawaii I had to make 300 of those for the 8th graders who were moving up to high school, it took me such a looooong time, but its lots of fun! maybe we can make some this summer!!! actually, why dont you and your sisters make a list of everything you want to do this summer and email them to me!!! Love you lots and cant wait to see you!!!

cousin ne ne