I knew that would catch some of your eyes-Ok it is kind of our new house-maybe our home away from home. Mark and I have been talking about getting a camper for a long time now, and we have went back and forth between a travel trailer and a pop up camper. With the Travel trailer we would have had to buy a truck and a camper-but with a pop up we could haul it with our van. I was gone for quite a few days with family when my husband kindly told me upon my return that he found the pop up we want, and all I needed to do was endorse the loan papers and it was ours. OF course I was hesitant with the economy the way it is-but on the flip side, if the economy continues it's downward spiral we may end up living in that thing. With a few hesitant looks and deep sighs I gave in to peer pressure and signed on the dotted line. As most people know-WE LOVE TO CAMP. We still love tents but this will just make it a little drier. I know Mark and I are still planning on doing our backpacking overnighters-but we will just have to leave the camper behind because I am not hauling that thing up the mountains on my back. The funny thing is, is that now that we both work we don't have a lot of time to do anything so the only small camping trip we have planned for the summer-we can't have campers, TENTS only. Silly huh-I guess we will just have to figure something out and maybe do a weekend trip here and there. So here it is in all it's glory-this is just a model, we have only opened ours one time so we didn't get any pictures. What is wonderful is that it has never been walked through except with our feet. I know I will probably be a little bit freaked out for the first few years, as to not get it dirty or damaged. Hopefully that will wear off because camping is not a clean activity.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Our new house
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 4:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
yeah!! I think it's better than sleeping in a tent and now I will be more than willing to come camping with you! hahhaa
Sweet! If you decide to go camping between May and October, count me in! I'll bring my tent too, just in case. I'm sure Hyrum would love to experience the outdoors, plus I'll be bored out of my mind when David is gone.
Your grandma WAS a stalwart. I have been blessed to know her. I'm so glad you got to help take care of her there at the end. I have heard doing that is a blessed thing to participate in. She was well-loved by many, as was attested to by the funeral size. Thank you, Grandma, for your example to everyone!!
that is so cool of all the people I know that need this I would say you deserve it. You guys do go camping a lot. If you think it won't get used enough this summer don't worry we will break in for you. HEE HEE HEE
I am so happy for you and by having this you might be able to get away more because you can keep it half packed with stuff that will always stay in it.
You could fit my whole family in with your family right?? hahaha. I am jealous!!! That is the kind of camping I could totally go for!
I'm jealous. We are still tent camping. Maybe one day we will move up in the world and get something descent. Enjoy.
Post a Comment