For weeks now I have wanted to start biking Rylan to preschool with her friend Bree. But since we live in the northwest it has rained and rained and rained. Today it was a little cloudy to start with and REALLY cold but I decided to go for the gold. I popped Rylan in the Trailer and away we went. The first 2 miles I really thought I was going to have to be towed by a vehicle. For some reason my bike was stuck in a HARD gear and no matter what I did to change it-it wouldn't budge.It never did either. Of course it is a gradual incline to Bree's house so I could feel that too. Finally we made it and I strapped the 2 girls in and then it was a breeze the next 2 1/2 miles-all down hill (almost) they of course had a blast and I also had them be my radio, by singing songs to me. What was rather funny was they each chose different songs and sang them nice and loud. We arrived safe and sound-I snapped a photo of the girls singing and giggling once we arrived at school. We will do this again for sure-after my gears get checked out though. Now remember I said it was all down hill after Bree's house-so yeah it's lots of up hill on the way back. The hill by the school is a sight for sore eyes and sore legs. Yeah I didn't make it far up that peak and ended up walking the bike up a little ways-no shame, I couldn't have done it if I was a true biker either, TOO STEEP.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
A biking we will go
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I still can't believe you went that far...you are freaking awesome!!
Wow, I'm impressed! Rylan looks so much like Ambria in that picture, or at least the way I remember her. What was that like 4 years ago!
I think your crazy!
good job Tammy. Like you said don't try it again until you get the bike fixed but keep at it
Love this story. Wow, that WAS a long way, wasn't it. Love the way Rylan looks so happy when she sings... Too fun!
Post a Comment