Move over Jackson, Saige has found her new husband that she claims she will kiss all the time-Her pet frogs. Finally frog season has come and the girls went out tadpole (or saige would say taditpole)and frog hunting. Saige's friend Terra has a pond in her yard and she isn't afraid of getting down in the gunk to collect what the girls needed. Ambria was mortified that Terra would dig through the slime and the mud-I have to admit it was a little nasty but I am not really a sensory person. After finding 3 frogs and 2 tadpoles we were on our way home. All the girls were so excited to have a little bit of a pet at our house. Saige said to me, "I wonder why I love frogs sooo much?" To this I responded-I have no clue (since I think they are grose). Since the frogs have entered our lives Saige can ONLY think about them-what they are doing, do they need food, etc....She loves to hold them and just watch them in
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Planet Frog
thier new habitat.
Here is one of her frogs-I can't remember this one's name it is either slimers, hopper or pogo. Saige did inform me that we now have 10 people in our family-including the frogs and tadpoles. Sadly most of these frogs wont make it really that long. We will do our best with the bug catching so the frogs will survive in their little planet frog.
The frogs new home (may I say it is pretty cute). But they have to stay in the garage and only be held outside. I don't want to search for dead frogs DISGUSTING.
I love that Saige loves Frogs and that she has a real bond with something. I guess I also love it because I don't like frogs-so she is really exploring new grounds for me.-That is why Saige is like her Dad and Bree is like me. Ambria had one accidentally jump on her and you would have thought the world was going to end. (he he) I am sure I would have too.
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love frogs too. In my life time I have had many different frogs as pets. I had a huge horned toad, little tiny frogs and a green tree frog. They are cute.
that is a cute little house you got going there for the frogs! I'm glad that you guys broke down and finally got the girls a "pet" even if it is frogs. teehee! I'm sure Saige is loving it! you better keep them alive or get new ones when we come up cause Jackson will love them too!
frogs huh I think it is great she isn't afraid of getting a little dirty how fun my boys would probably be all the way in the pond too
Very, very cool entry, Tammy. LOVE it.
Post a Comment