MY CUTE FAMILY

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Panther creek falls

Every once in awhile we love to find a new place to scope out and enjoy nature. It is really sad that we have lived in the gorge for so long and we really have only seen a few of the beautiful places that it has to offer. We decided to go check out panther creek falls that I had researched on. I thought it would be a nice hike for the family and maybe we would get a little exercise. Well the only difficult part was the long drive, the hike was, well maybe we should call it a jaunt-1/2 mile to 1/4 mile long. Once we were at the platform we sat and had a little lunch. The view was fantastic but we had to really stay by the girls-even on the platform. If they were to stretch their legs too far to observe the waterfalls, it would be a good 100ft. drop to their death. We didn't even see one of the boards missing in the rail until after Rylan passed by it several times-FREAKY. The view was breathtaking and would be a great reflection spot.

Sorry I didn't know the water bottles were in the way.
Family hiking is always an adventure no matter where we go-but it is the best bonding time we have together.
Saige of course found thousands of tadpoles in a puddle by the road where we parked. I have never seen tadpoles in a puddle-wowsers. Needless to say she was thrilled and tried to pet them. I think if she could have gotten away with it she would have snuck a few water bottles full of tadpoles home with her.

3 comments:

Christy Lou said...

A jaunt eh? Sounds like the 'hike' we went on during the reunion :) At least the waterfall was gorgeous!
I love that Saige is so hooked on frogs :) I love them too! I will try to take some good frog pics for her while I am in Costa Rica :)

April said...

well we are hoping family hiking is all is cracked up to be. We hike here and there but in June when we go to Yosemite Buck has two or three 5 Plus mile hikes for us I think hes crazy we should have lots of fun I just hope we don't get eaten by the bears

Alexis 18 said...

that waterfall is beautiful! and whatever you guys are get to get out and hike in the beautiful Gorge!