Even though we live in the gorge it doesn't mean we do everything around here. Mark and I haven't hiked Multnomah Falls in such a long time we decided it was time-along with the fact that the girls have been begging to do it for a few years.
He prepped the girls with some stretches and off we went.
Rylan loved checking out the falls and the breeze of the water
Ambria was cute because she has been the most
adamant about hiking the falls but she was also the most terrified.
Ambria suffers major anxiety so climbing near (railed) cliffs was extreme-at least to her they were.

The kids did pretty good hiking-I carried
Rylan over 1/2 the way but she made it.
Rylan said it was because"she hates walking" and "her legs hurt"
hmm.
When we reached the top
Saige said, "I know a really faster way down." we said what, "going over with the water," We told her that really wasn't an option for us because we may get down quicker but we wouldn't be alive to enjoy it.
Saige posing at the smaller water fall on top.

yes we made it too
Rylan even walked the whole way down-thank heavens.

There was tons of people on the hike-which I
don't normally like but the kids had a blast seeing other little kids making it the whole way. It was a grand day.
4 comments:
Wow - I haven't hiked Multnomah Falls since I was a kid. We were going to a few years ago, but it was way, way too crowded. Looks like fun :)
that is quite a hike all up. good job girls I am proud of you.
I can't believe you haven't taken your kids to hike this!! Crazy women, we've taken Leah! LOL. Glad you got on that and the pics are so cute!
How very fun! It is quite a hike, isn't it... Memories, memories, again. (*.*)
Post a Comment