MY CUTE FAMILY

Monday, December 14, 2009

First Piano Recital

Ambria and Saige have truly been blessed to have their Grandma Brennan as a Piano teacher. After a few months of practice they now had to play at a piano recital. The girls both had 2 songs that they worked on and then Grandma would play along with them. Grandma Brennan teaches about 10 students so it was fun to listen to all of the beginner children but particularly fun to listen to our own kids.

Ambria played Silent Night and Beethoven's 9th.

Saige chose to play Jolly old St. Nicholas and O' Christmas tree-perfect for the season.

I think that playing in front of others was really good for the girls because they really had to prepare and they had to be in front of others-out of their comfort zone.
I hope the girls will always have the opportunity to play piano and learn about the importance of music.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Okay, this is weird, but the thing I noticed most about these photos is what a gorgeous view your in-laws have. The kids are cute, too, of course, but wow, what a view. Makes me homesick :(

April said...

I love that they are playing the piano. It is one of my better memories of childhood going to Mrs Davy's and playing Chinese checkers while we all took turns with the lessons. and music training is important I am regretting my children haven't expressed a great interest in music

shuttle5 said...

This is such a fun post, Tammy. I love the girls and having the opportunity to teach them piano skills gives me more time with them. They are a joy to me!