MY CUTE FAMILY

Monday, May 24, 2010

ViVa Las Vegas

Finally a wonderful girls long weekend away. I have never been to Las Vegas and haven't really ever wanted to go, but now I can mark it off a check list of "maybe, someday". Our airplane rides alone were an adventure. On our way to Las Vegas we started out a bit chit chatty------ But ended up going under cover as the airplane smelled like an outhouse the rest of the trip-Didn't help that we were near the rest room. Our trip home wasn't that much better we had so much turbulence that the entire airplane applauded when we landed, thankful to be alive.

We stayed in a beautiful hotel a little off the strip and we were all thankful for that-since we are almost all small town girls. After walking part of the strip, my first night of dreams were filled with crazies, murders and lots of disturbing weirdness. I was a bit over stimulated but by our last night I was as good as gold.
Our transportation-well it would have been nice.
The best part of the vacation was sitting by the pool for hours and hours a day. Of course we were so relaxed with no kids, no responsibilities and full of good sleep.
We sat by the pool a little too long and got TOO much sun but we tried staying pain free and cool as possible.
The Bellagio has a buffet that we were told to go visit because "it was the best". I was a tad worried since I don't care for buffets-I never get my money's worth (Especially when it is a 39.00 buffet). I think we all ate pretty well and had our tummies filled, not a desert left untouched.
Out on the town. We spent most evenings out on the strip trying to keep our eyes open to enjoy but closed enough to miss all the bare skin.
We were so in love with the pool and hot tub we even kept our eyes peeled back until 2 am soaking it all in.
Laughs, eating, visiting, memories, new memories and so much more. I am so happy to have good friends that accept me as the person I am and don't ask for more. Love you girls.
Melanie and I came in after our long night of goofing off and found Alexis sound asleep with her dirty little feet hanging out from her sheets. I loved this picture because it tells you how much we walked and how exhausted we were.
Sin City is exactly what it is SIN CITY. Every person sins, some a little, some a lot. It is the lesson you take from those sins to make you the person you are and who you want to become. I have my faults and I try and own up to them-Yes I have already asked for forgiveness for trying to tan the entire weekend. But I can't tell you how sad my heart was to these young ladies who treat their bodies like they aren't worth a thing. It reminds me of the importance of teaching my children values. I walk away from Vegas happy I went there and more happy that I will never go back. Being part of the world is one thing but walking through "the great and spacious buildings" is a whole new ball game. Don't take offense if you like Las Vegas-it is just not my cup of tea, Warm sandy beaches any day. BUT GIRLS TIME IS ALWAYS GOOD TIMES.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say I agree with lot of what you said. the two times I have been there were because I was meeting my husband while he was working. I would never choose to vacation there. But yes what the experience. seeing those young girls and the pamphlets with naked ladies and # they litter the ground and you can't even try not to see it. the weather is nice for this time of year but it will be so there. But taking the pool in was a great plan. hanging with the girls is always fun and it is great that you do that. sorry about your air plane ride

Chris and Melanie said...

Awwww! Makes me want to go back and hang out by the pool! But those sunburns (especially the ones on the shoulders) is something I want to forget, lol. Thanks of being so much fun and such a great friend! :)