We decided as a family that it would be a good year for Ambria to make a switch to a more private school. Ambria has struggled at her school for years academically and socially and the school didn't seem to help with solutions. As we saw tears and "stomach aches" along with phone calls home every day last year, we decided things needed to change. So Ambria is in a new school with 10 kids in her class total and that is 5th-8th grade. She will go from 8:30-4:30 Monday-Thursday. She is excited for the change as are we. I am looking forward to the one on one time that she needs and lots more help. Of course this comes with a high price but educating our children is worth it. Can you believe how grown up she has become? Oh that kid is growing and growing.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Fifth grade here we come
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, how exciting. I wish her the best. Educating your child from academics to social skills, etc. is so worth the cost! Down here there are tons of private school but they are like 10,000.+ a year so we are going to have to dig deeper when Maisey get a little bigger. I son't think she's home school material, but I really don't know about public school either. Socially, 1st grade last year was not a good start (so much teasing by other cultures!) so I'm praying this year is different.
I have loved all your recent blog posts! And Maisey said she misses Sage after reading them.
wow I had no idea she had such a rough year last year. small groups are so awesome you can't get lost in the commotion and the teacher can always here everything. I hope this works out for her. I am so glad you have some options. I know a lot of people who think there is only one thing, public school. well it will almost be like a small homeschool group. I have to say we love homeschooling so much it does give them that one on one interaction that every child really needs.
Post a Comment