Nothing beats getting out of town for the weekend with close friends. We went to The Cove to relax, enjoy the water and the kids playing. Of course it's always fun when you can relax and do nothing-just sitting around is fun and out of the ordinary.
No Scout water---Can the boys do it??
Haley and Ambria had lots of fun checking out boys from the top of the trees-they were pretty silly as you can tell.

The weather was pretty good and nice enough for campfires and cooking. Dinner time, Hot dogs anyone???

Melanie and I spent a
tortuous morning running 1 mile up a wretched hill and then finishing with an 8 mile running tour of farmer fields, dead animals near the road and smelly mint tomato soup in the air. We survived and relaxed the rest of the weekend with junk food.

Grace and
Rylan (Christian was chilling with them for a minute) had so much fun together. It was hilarious to watch them play in the wagon, venture around, pull leaves from trees and just have fun together.

Saturday was our boating day. A little chilly outside and it started with a little boat troubles. Somehow after a few hours these boys figured out the problem-a cable that had come loose.
Ambria and I getting cozy on the boat.

As
every ones lips turned blue on the boat from the chill in the air
Saige and I ventured into the water to tube. It was
Saige's first time tubing so we went pretty slow but we had a blast.

We will do it again for sure next year and hopefully get some more water time in this year since we were a bit cold this time around.
Good Times+Good friends=Great times.
2 comments:
Chris was just saying today how much fun he had. He said "hanging with the Brennans is kind of like having extended family." We love you guys!! xoxo
so glad you guys were able to do that. You are a good momma I don't think I would have got out on the thing in the back. You have had one full summer of exciting weekend trips. I am sure your kids will cal it a memorable summer.
Post a Comment