This is probably the last half Marathon for the year and I think my body is saying, "hallelujah". After our last half we decided that we had to have something else to train for or we would become little pathetic blobs again. So back to the strict training schedule for our next half. This weekend we ran in Eugene Oregon for The women's half marathon there. This was the biggest half so far for us with over 2000 people, but with that comes lots of fun too. Melanie and I attempted starting away from each other but of course ended up together for over 6 miles. The first Mile was SOOOOO Slow going because of how many people there were corralled into a little area. I didn't like that part of it but I did love the course-it was really beautiful and a great terrain. I would say some of my favorite parts were all the people cheering you on that don't even know you and giving you hope and encouragement, the water spots (of course), the people you pass, and seeing that there are all walks of life out there running. Running is a great way to think and ponder things and also to know your bodies limits. After about mile 10 I didn't think I could go on but I did and I pushed myself- I also made sure that the last part was a nice sprint to the end. I did a 4o second increase in time compared to last time. While you are running all you can think of is Who is stupid enough to do this??? and Who is even stupider to do a marathon?? All I know is while you do it it is hard, and with time you forget and are ready to go at it again (just like having a baby-you forget all the pain).
I am so glad it is over and I had a great time. We had a fun time at the finish line getting pampered with tons of drinks, goodies, proteins, chocolates etc...heck we got school lunch stuff for the kids (ha ha). What was even better is that since it was in Eugene we got to stay and hang out with our other best friend Alexis. YEAH for her. They even made us a yummy breakfast that morning.
Who would have ever thought that fat ol' me would be able to do 2 half's. Mel and I talked and we think it would be really fun to do some 10ks. Hey that will still be work but a heck of a lot funner ( I know that is not a word.)
3 comments:
Once again I couldn't have done it w/out you!!! I'm still AMAZED at what an awesome runner you are! You are the best!! xoxoxoxoxo
Congrats Tam! You look awesome! Maybe someday I'll talk myself into a half...
well I think your crazy but I am very proud of you.
Post a Comment