MY CUTE FAMILY

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Howl'n scream scram 10K

I love winter time because the competition level is at a low and we can run fun runs-not worrying about training or how good i do (however it is always a bonus when I do better than I expect). This year after our Halloween game night we averaged about 5 hours of sleep so I could make it to Richland Wa to do a 10k run. It was a fun run to say the least, you got to dress up -check out the hot pink watch and hot pink and black bracelet-. Also My parents came and Mark and the girls. It is fun to have support even on a small run like this. Heavens, if only I could convince her to run with me.

Waiting to get ready to go-not a timed chip run so I had to try and make up for a few seconds waisted at the beginning.
You can barely see my head in the background over there.
yes I ran so pretty fast-I mean if you can beat superman. Actually I started out averaging about eight and a half minutes and I was thrilled.
So yes the first 3 miles of the run were a breeze because it was all on a paved trail and pretty flat-tis the smiles.
Almost at the finish line-very grateful I wasn't doing a half marathon. At the 3 mile mark we went up a terrible steep hill that I couldn't believe was in the route-RUDE. Then I had lots of back trail running which my ankles aren't use to so that took a little bit. But needless to say I averaged a 9 minute mile even. Placing in my age group, an accomplishment I think. A few more runs this year-way above my goal-YEAH.
Even Kaedra loved my outfit.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Dang girl! That's a good run. I love the costume to go with it!

April said...

I love it. how long was this run and where was it?