MY CUTE FAMILY

Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas 2011

I think every year Christmas comes and goes quicker than you can even prepare for. This year it seemed especially quick because it fell on the weekend so we were only away Friday-Sunday instead of a week or so. With a little reservation (because of my kids and comparing what others get)we headed up to my parents house for the festivities. I had to spend most of Christmas eve day wrapping presents since I neglected it until the last day. Even though I had to wrap a lot of presents I was still able to finish before getting together for Christmas eve. This year was a little bit different with no santa visiting and heck I don't even know if the christmas story was presented-GULP. Like I said we just have to get by. All of Rylans babies were very attentive and ready for Christmas.

Getting the Christmas eve present unwrapping under way (good thing I wrapped some.)
On Christmas day the kids line up at the top of the stairs to wait for us oldies to get situated with camera's and such. Then it is time to line up and head to the loot.
Enough already mom just get down the stairs so the party can begin.
And the magic of Christmas begins. As I suspected Saige had a really hard time with what other kids were getting and had several low points, which in return makes me have low points. I decided that we will just have to do Christmas at home because my kids just need that. They need to feel in control of their emotions and on this particular day they didn't know if they were happy, sad, jealous, ecstatic, angry etc--I heard more than once from my child, "I hate Christmas." MERRY FREAKIN' CHRISTMAS GRINCH
Mark holding one of our behaved children-ok she is looking a little odd, but so is Mark holding her.
One of the ways Rylan could transport most of her belongings around the house.
2 real live frogs-what will we do??? I mean really could it get any better?
A camera of her own-I am curious to see the photos we will be seeing.
Trying to make a little time for each other-under line little.
When the kids get into their santa piles they can open all the presents under them without having to wait. The other presents under the tree are for later in the day with all the family around.
It looks as if with this beautician you also get a forehead massage.
Grandma and Saige playing a little catch with wrapping paper.
Too much fun. My mom always jumps in on these fun filled adventures.
Oh poor child a nintendo ds, gosh I think I would hate Christmas too if I was that spoiled. Note the book behind her-this summer I sold that exact book because I didn't think she used it, oh she has been searching for it ever since. Needless to say, thank goodness for Amazon.
Let me at it, let me at it.
Mark was going to be going home a day earlier than us and so he needed to take a van load with him-since we didn't have as much room. When we told Rylan she needed to choose a few things to keep with her she was devastated and cried, with arms covering as much as she could she could not part with any of it. Yes she got her way too, we crammed it in the car I took the following day.
Frog girl
Even though Ambria got the most cozy blanket of all for Christmas she was willing to share with her dear ol' mom. I love this thing and it made it hard to function all day long.
It was a fantastic Christmas at my families house and I am so thankful that we were able to bring in the Saviors birth with the one's we love. WOOO HOOOO I love this season, and I love to sit around and be lazy.

2 comments:

April said...

Hey Tammy don't feel bad about putting your kids first it is important for them to feel in control and I am sure with the craziness of it they were not at all. If it makes you feel better I would not join on the whole Christmas morning get together if I lived there. This year we opened the presents and then picked some things and headed to Caleb's but the small family alone time was good it is different but good. Yes they are spoiled and yes my kids probably say the same things there is always going to be someone who gets something we want. and If you are trying not to spend too much its hard when others get lots especially others who are only children. I guess what I am saying is you gotta do what is good for you and your family . Let others worry about others.

Lacee said...

It sounds like you guys all had fun and it is nice to be with all of the family but at the same time I really enjoy having our own traditions.

P.S. We haven't yet celebrated Christmas in 2011 ;)