MY CUTE FAMILY

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Second time around

Last year my very first run was the Trout lake Washington 5k. Saige joined me on it and we had a lot of fun. So this year I came back with both my older kiddo's to do it again. We also had some fun friends to run somewhat with us (ok we were at the same race but different areas.). Melanie had to start off in another area to make her 10k a true 10k and the half marathoners were able to start with the 5kers so I was able to run for a second with the kids. It was fun to try and teach the kids about being active and healthy and to see that there are other kids who do this all the time. I am so glad they honored me with their presence and that my husband and little one came to cheer us on. I am grateful for their support.

Melanie and Connor PRE race aren't they a site to see
"So kids this is the plan of attack-take off like a speeding bullet and then do whatever you want."
"Mom is it ok if I catch a ride on a bike?"
Don't you love the sign in the background??? here is Saige coming in full speed ahead-look at her go she really was putting forth the effort.
Then she took it in stride at the finish line-Way to go girl you are amazing.
"I can't breath with all these stinky cow farms around-uhh I am getting a headache."


Ambria finished whether she wanted to or not-look at that. Bree did wonderful for not having ever ran anything before, and for not ever having the desire to run anywhere.

Tammy finishing the half in time to catch a breath. It was a great beautiful run with the best scenery. The first half of the run is all flat or with gradual rolling hills and then the last half is all hills. I was actually conquering those with out a problem, my training had paid off, it was the wind that kicked my butt. I mean kicked my butt. I was doing 8-8:30 until a little after mile 8 when I was slammed with wind the entire way back. I can't believe how much it can effect your time. I ended up averaging a 8:50 not too bad. yes for post run award that I finished decent time wise I got a Mohawk (pathetic wind)
While running I thought I saw a familiar walker in front of me-the closer I got the more I was certain it was Mandy. I said her name as I got closer and she didn't respond. As I passed her I stared back to see and she looked over and YES indeed it was her. I would have felt like a fool if it wasn't her. Mandy said "Hi and wait for me"-of course I thought she meant right then (I was doing good time and thought oh boy that could really throw it off) I looked back at her and she yells I MEAN AT THE FINISH LINE. AHhh ok I can do that. So fun to visit with her and catch up a little.
It's amazing how the same size shirt can fit us all so different. The girls said we had to wear the shirts all day, so we are.
I am grateful that a year ago I decided that running was something I could do if I really put my mind to it and it had helped me loose weight. Yeah for running.

1 comments:

April said...

I am so glad you found such a great passion. I love that Ambria tried that is so awesome. and way to go Saige