Last week a group of friends went out to dinner. It was of course a fun evening with our spouses and away from the kids. As most of you know I am not a seafood lover. Sometimes I wish I could be but it's just plain and simple I am not. On occasion I can have a fried Halibut but even then it can't be fishy tasting or it's out. I don't think you can classify McDonalds Fish fillet's as FISH, I use to like those but again I haven't had one of those in years. As we were waiting on our food one of the couples orders a few plates of different seafood for everyone to try out. I wasn't in the least bit interested but then I felt the pressure as even my best friend was willing to give it a go. I first attempted the clams, they were the best out of the three and I was able to eat that without gagging or anything.
Next came the muscles-Now these were a little groser but still not terrible. (I felt like I was on survivor trying these items-if only I could have won money for it).
Now the last thing I tried was fried calimari. I was really hesitant on this one and had a little piece to give it a go. Jeremy stated that if you didn't put it all in your mouth it wasn't worth it. He jokingly told me they were octupus (so I thought he was joking-yeah he wasn't.) Needless to say I threw the entire bite in my mouth and tried to chew, and tried to chew, and tried to chew-That thing was so chewy I wanted to spit that thing out. Under the pressure of 11 others I kept it in my mouth somehow and swalloed, though it tasted like crap stuck in my mouth. I think Mark was astonished that I even tried it. I guess you have to live life to the fullest and this is one thing that I was willing to try. I can now say honestly that I will never have calamari or muscles again, Clams are a question mark but it wont be on the dinner plate, it will be a curtosy food.
5 comments:
Calamari is squid, not octopus. Silly Jeremy.
it sucks that you don't like fish, it is such a healthy choice.
yes you are right it is a squid but it's still a cousin of the octupus and it sure looked like one-either way it was nasty and I don't want Calmari again.
Aww, but fried calimari is the best! So much better than clams and oysters and muscles. Fried octopus is almost as good... yumm, you are making me hungry :)
You are braver than I.
Post a Comment