MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

no vacation like camp vacation

After the relay I did, the girls wanted to write on our car so bad-

-I figured who cared and let them have at it with their names, while we wrote a silly question and then Camping or bust on the back. It was such a small thing but they talked about it all the time and decided that every time we go camping we have to do this. Our camping adventure was short and sweet. Now that we both work we have to really figure out when our vacations will be and how much time we need for them. Camping at Nehalem Bay is something we do every year and we didn't want to break that tradition. Lucky for us the sun was shining and we were loving it (now the wind was still blowing and it was really in the low 60's but THERE WAS SUN).

It doesn't matter how cold it is the kids will still find a way to play in the water or try to hide from it (yes they are balancing on shovels, whatever)

Cousin IT came over for a day to camp with us-gosh I love that animal.

I think I mentioned it was windy on all of the days. In fact when Rylan and I came down to check out the rest of the family at the beach this is how we found dad (mark).

It didn't take long for Rylan to take notes and steal his seat to try and get warm. Rylan wasn't a huge fan of the beach I think Hawaii spoiled her.

There are always fun climbing trees around that the girls love to adventure in.




I get a lot of people that ask me why I am always so tan. I really am not that tan but I can hold a tan pretty good. If you are wondering though this is what I do whenever I see the sun (yes I sun slurpish-that is my sleep/worship word together, in case you wondered). I can't help close my eyes and just feel the sun radiate on to my skin and face, I LOVE IT.

Gotta love the dollar store and their creative glow masks...hmm

I borrowed Saige's hat while sitting around and Rylan thought I was "so cute", hence the pinching my cheeks.

On our way home we decided to go down towards Tillamook to get some ice cream. But first we stopped at a cafe for lunch and had a homemade meal instead of a fast food-so much better, yummers. Of course the ice cream helped top off the pallet. We don't get to fancy--I think the flavors were, Cookie dough, Chocolate mint, Chocolate and Peppermint candy. OH I want another.







As the girls get older camping does get easier, but then we get older and lazier-meaning it really is a chore to camp. It takes some mental and physical drain out of all of us but there is nothing like camping and spending time together with no tv, no computers, no work, no school, no commitments, just EACH OTHER. And that is the way it should be.

0 comments: