About a week ago or so I mentioned that I had the green light to go for running again while I continue to do Active release therapy. Bummer news is she didn't tell me the entire scoop. Come to find out yesterday that the only reason she is letting me run is because of the pre-planned relay that I have next week. Dr. told me if I didn't have this relay I wouldn't be doing anything right now. After the relay I have to take at least 2 weeks off. I think at that point my heart melted. I mean when she told me I couldn't run for the next 2 days after my appointment yesterday I was frustrated what will 2 weeks do to me. I know she is right because I am still in quite a lot of pain and I can only get a few miles in without over doing it. Yesterday we found some major source of my problem and the doctor worked and worked on it leaving me with tears running down my face-it is not a comfortable appointment by any means. They use these tools called graston tools-they are stainless steel instruments that comb over your skin and "catch" areas of scar tissue. Yes when applied with lots of pressure they are terrible.
So even though I am completely bummed about the entire summer running thing I am trying to remember that the only way I will continue to be a runner of any sorts is if I take the time to heal myself properly. As for running though any time I can do a few miles I am going to take it in and enjoy the endorphins that come with it. So this picture of me down below is after a running night with Melanie-I bought this running skirt at good will to give it a chance (since I have mocked them for a year now). I do have to say the things I like about it is it's breezy, kind of comfy and cute. Things I don't like-My fat jiggles more in my thighs, my legs are ugly and--oh wait I guess that is not the skirts issue, that is mine. Anyhow I may give these more of a chance in the future.
Friday, June 10, 2011
A tad sad
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment