I am so delayed on getting to my blog-it is not because I don't want to do it. I have been so busy so just getting all the pictures together to blog has been a little bit crazy. Our big Smith Family Reunion was this past month and we had quite a great time. The Torrey family was in charge of the entire reunion which meant this time around Tammy was in charge of the family Reunion. It really wasn't too bad but I had a lot on my dinner plate you could say, this summer. We ended up taking 2 cars and a trailer full of food, cooking supplies, coolers etc.. The Organized part of me kicked in and we had every container labeled with the items inside, containers that would tell them what they needed to cook with, coolers that specified what meal it was for etc.. I tried to make it easy cheesy but still ended up needing to be around to help out. I am so glad we were able to hang out for 4 days and just kick up our feet and enjoy each other. The entire 133 of us went to Wallowa Lake in Oregon-about a 6 hour drive away from Hood River (longer because of pulling trailers). The weather was fantastic and we all soaked in the sunshine-though the mornings were a bit on the chilly side.
I took a few of my family at the reunion-a few randoms and just some of the pictures I wanted to be in my documentation.
One nice sunny day we went down to the lake. My sisters and I walked while Mark drove a bunch of the kids and Lacee down in the van. The only problem is we didn't say where on the lake we were going to so Mark and the others went to a completely different spot then us. Needless to say Mark got in they Kayak and tried to pull the kids over in the little dingy boat that he had brought a long. Lots of work but they had a wonderful time.
Ambria was really good with Kaedra and did anything she could with her. They played a lot together and had great cousin bonding time.
Andreja and
Rylan loved seeing each other after a long year away from each other. They are always able to pick up where they left off. It will be funny to see all these kids when they get older and what they are like.

You didn't see anything right---(notice my sisters both looking at me like what the heck!!!)

"Where is
ry ry?"
Kaedra spotted
Rylan walking to go play on a hill and she was zooming after her. RY RY so of course
Rylan waited for her little pal.

"Tammy I have to eat 10
pieces of watermelon it is the RULE"----"But honey you will get the runs later,---"

Oh
Woops, I was just kidding of course--- I don't think Mark would have
listened anyways.

Look at that beautiful spread. I think for once the family had fruits and veggies more than they were use too-it's good for them to eat healthy with the unhealthy.

Oh the relaxation of an after meal moment. We love catching up with the family and since we were in charge we were able to be near the food and catch up on everyone and everything.
We had a bubble gum blowing contest which none of our kids won but they loved to practice whenever they could. Go Saige Go

Angela and I started a
heafty game of a bean bag toss that was pathetically lazy. We would throw and the kids would gather them up for us and bring them back. The funny thing was how much the kids liked getting them for us (and how lazy we were.)

Aunt Bonnie joined in and had a great laugh-harder than it looks but I think she toasted Angela and I.

We have an auction every reunion to earn money for upcoming reunions-so that the people in charge can get money to make reservations, and buy food. We had a very successful year and mainly because I have such a creative sister that can think of big money items that people would want. Sheila made a quilt made out of all Grandma's clothes, picture of Grandmas barn on one of the
pieces of
wood from the barn, beautiful home decor. pictures. Anyhow it turned out great and I think we all got some fun things.

Rylan was exhausted from a long day of play and so during the evening she stuck around with her daddy-and he didn't mind it at all. Who doesn't love a cuddly daddies lap?

One way I tried to help earn money for the upcoming reunion was to do a pie eating contest. You could vote for 25cents to put who you wanted to see eat a pie. Needless to say we had top pie eating crew and the family had a blast watching these 3 challenge it all out.

To say the least everyone had quite a fun time watching everyone go for the pie, which quickly became a pie throwing contest. Cody took it all home by smashing his pie into his own face.

Nothing like a friendly competition of Family Feud. We had no buzzers so we used the
ol' camping buzzers of Flashlights. It worked just fine and it still gave you the same idea.

Almost the entire Torrey family-missing is Justin, April's husband Buck and Renee's husband Levi. Not too bad.

Here is the gang missing lots but loving all that are here. I can't even imagine if we had every family come how big it would be.
We had a great reunion and cant wait until we see each other again in a few years-and also because we wont be over it (ha ha).
0 comments:
Post a Comment