MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ski bowl

Sometimes working with the youth has it's perks (of course working with them is always a perk but---). This past week our youth were given 25 passes for free to go to Ski bowl on Mt. Hood. What we didnt' know was that they were expiring this week so we had to get as many youth and drivers that could go up and spend the day having fun. We had exactly 25 people and we were all able to have a blast on the 80 Mt. Hood day. Check out the view-it lookes so much closer as we were doing all of our events. I scaled the 30 foot wall only with help from the Leaders down below telling me what knob to step on. It was much scarier than I thought but I did it.

Repelling of course was my favorite part-and not as freaky.


Time for some frisbee golf-holy light. Needless to say I wasn't that great. We did one competition where you just threw it and ran after and whoever got it in first won. Yeah I was the last. Not me on the Alpine slides but some people we knew-this was one of the more fun parts of Ski Bowl because you could speed and catch up to others-lots of fun.

So I wasn't really good at the jumping because it wasnt as easy as it looked but I did manage a few twirls.

Kara and I took on the batting cages and the batting cages won.

We also laughed our heads off in the hamster balls but couldn't get a picture. It was hilarious because it was so hot in the balls you felt like you might pass out and we couldn't stop laughing. Besides Jeremy and Luis were attacking us from both sides.

0 comments: