MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor day 5K

I came to the tri-cities pretty excited that I had the weekend off from running, since I got my long run in on Friday. I brought my run clothes but that was mainly so I could just go on a nice walk with my sister at some point. Needless to say my nephew Zeniff joined the cross country team for High School and his team was sponsoring a Labor day 5K and the money would go to support his team. As a runner I had to support my nephew RIGHT????? So I prepped my running clothes (realizing I forgot a main ingredient at home, had to go purchase the over the shoulder boulder holder at Fred Meyer)and set the alarm so that I would be ready. The wonderful thing about runs in the Tri-cities is that everything is normally very close, Heck this was about a 5 minute drive. I arrived on the warm weather day a bit early and stretched out, walked a little of the confusing course and then prepped myself for this run. The run was on a soft-hay path so you can imagine how allergies acted, along with all the hay that got stuck in your socks and irritated your feet. The run was warm but I was able to keep a decent pace for the most part. A lot more hills than what I have worked with lately and half way through I thought-nobody would notice if I stopped, nor care. I reminded myself that this wasn't about speed or any of that it was about finishing what you start. My dad came down to take photos and the funny thing is that he could never find us. When I started out I had to yell to him several times and he didn't see me until I had already passed him. Right before the picture above I started calling out to him about 100 yards away and he was dumbfounded because he thought he would see Zeniff first. SHOCKING I was actually ahead of my 9th grade nephew (his allergies were giving him a run for his money too).

I finished and was so glad to be done----I poured water all over myself and then headed over to where the shade was, laid down and rolled around in the dew that still presented itself on the grass blades. I realize that I over heat quickly and I don't do good in the warm weather. I stretched for a minute and then decided to go cheer in my nephew who would be coming in shortly and that he did. Yeah Zeniff!!!! Thanks for this Labor day fun run....(oh Yeah don't let that little kids fool you up above they only did a mile--only, what am I saying).


The course-and it was a little bright in the sunshine...

1 comments:

April said...

wow Tammy what a great aunt. I must say even as a runner you are insane it's way to hot there.