MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Frog whisperer

Some people believe in a horse whisper', a dog whisper', an animal whisper', and a frog whisper' (yeah that's right you heard the last one correctly). A frog whisper' what would that entail? A little girl named Saige can speak to these animals and understand them in more ways than I ever thought possible. Last Christmas Saige received 2 water frogs that had very specific instructions on how to care for them. No matter how much she over fed them, changed their water with improper water, put them in smaller containers, held them (uhh water frogs stay in the water just so ya know), they continued to stay her friend. Many times she would tell me she was ready to give these frogs away because she didn't want to care for them anymore she was DONE with them. I would say it was pretty obvious she was done with them when I looked in the newest "tank" contraption she put them in and they were still surviving. We finally decided to give them some more wiggle room and put them in the bigger tank and Mark added some distilled water with their Gross water they had already had. Needless to say I think the distilled water finally did them in. Saige came down while I was eating my nice yummy cereal and held out her hand with 2 little dead frogs (making me want to hurl) stating that they had finally died. Saige was a tad bit sad but had 2 friends over so they immediately went to work burying the frogs and making a shrine for them. After a few hours, 33 degree weather and not being in water-Saige came to me and said, "mom one of them is wiggling" I was hoping it wasn't it's organs flopping around, I told her to get it and put it back in water. Needless to say she did it and the frog swam around for a moment. I think the little guy stuck with us for a little while longer, but all I could think is, "what do these frogs want from her?" No matter what she tried they wouldn't let their human friend go.

Later that day the other little froggy finally gave in also and we buried them in our yard. Saige Knows that there will be lots more frogs to come so she is ok with their departure. Saige tells me all the time that she is the girl who loves frogs and they will find her and she will hold them and love them, (until she doesn't want to take care of them).


RIP, RIP our little webbed footed friends

2 comments:

April said...

Poor, poor frogs. Glad she is able to deal with it well.

shuttle5 said...

Goodness, they lasted that long? Amazing. Yes, she does have a gift with them!