MY CUTE FAMILY

Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween

Happy Halloween. I have noticed as I get older how much I am turning into my own parents. I use to really care about what my kids wore for Halloween, How they presented themselves-meaning does everything coordinate. However Lately as long as they have clothes on and they are happy I am all good. Saige was dead set on being a hobo this year with her friend Miriam but at the last minute she changed and decided to become the "smart" Doctor Brennan. I thought she looked good-plus for character day at school we could think of a lot more doctor books then hobo books. Ambria decided that she had to get dressed up at least for one more year to get candy. Boy can you tell the time has come---she was so uncomfortable in front of others (especially peers) to be doing silly "kids" costumes and begging for Candy. Ambria did take the wise approach this year and allotted herself 35 pieces when we got home and gave the rest to the Halloween Phantom. I was so happy, of course.

Saige however did not feel ok about giving away all her candy-"all that hard work for nothing" well actually it was for something because they got gifts instead of dentist visits.

Rylan was actually going to be something completely different too but she found these wings and decided she had to be a butterfly-we didn't have anything to complete the ensemble but this pretty snow dress seemed to do the magic for her-so we went with it.

My kids can sure be pretty good natured and I am so glad that they had a great Halloween. I love that I have girls and I don't have to worry about all the gory Gross monster stuff.

We love hitting up the old folks homes for trick or treating because I think that it gives these older kids something to enjoy and we get to cheer them up a little.

This year we had a few extra's- Miram came with us for most of the night and then Samantha joined us. It is always a lot of fun to go out with others and to get overdosed on sugar.



Trick or Treat 2011 was a great hit- NO RAIN, NO SNOW, NO ICE, A tad chilly but pretty darn fantastic.


Typical Halloween Schedule night:


5:00 Start Trick or treating down town


5:30 Go to all the old folks homes


6:00-6:30 go trick or treating at neighborhoods


7:30-Finish with some free pizza at Pietros


0 comments: