Knee pain-IT band, weak Quads, weak glutes, Weak small muscles in feet, weak hips, weak thighs-------the list goes on. I have been doing Physical therapy for 6 weeks now because anytime I ran, this is how I felt afterwards.
I have been given lots of new stretches, strength training, and now some circuits but still the subject of running hasn't even came off the lips of my P.T. I am still really pathetically weak in the muscles that hold all my running together and so until those get strong I don't think I will be doing any running. Needless to say I am so bummed I can't stand it. I see all the runners out enjoying their peaceful time, soaking in the fall colors and all I can do is control myself from not swerving the van over to knock them off the road (I am too jealous). I also have seen some of that weight that I worked so hard to get off creep back on.
Luckily my ART and physical therapy had requested 4 massages that my insurance will cover so I have done 2 so far and hope to get a couple more in. It sounds wonderful I know but really she works on my weak leg and rear so it's not that "relaxing" massage you dream of.I also have to do a lot of this----ROLLING
and way too much of this----
I wish I could say my head was in a good place with all of this rest and that I have healed and could run mountains. I know that as much as I want to be out there sucking wind and loving the runners high, I also know that this healing time is important so as to not get a reoccurring injury. If I don't die from my new circuit training (who does pull ups anyways???) then I will be coming back with avengence and hopefully you will never see me not running again and hopefully I will never look like this when I do.
HOLD on MEL I am coming (my running partner in waiting)
1 comments:
hahaha! That is too cute, and made me laugh. You WILL be running again before you know it, and I gotta tell ya...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
Post a Comment