Mark spoke too soon. Saige has always been one of our happiest, sweetest, funniest but most difficult child. After undergoing a behavior struggle a few days prior -Mark said Saige would be our first runaway.
Saige became very angry on Thanksgiving morning because of something her sisters had done and she felt as if we supported their decision more than hers. Needless to say after a few slamming of doors and grunts I see Saige leaving our house with her school back pack. I continued doing what I was doing knowing that she would most likely stay in the facility or roam around the fenced area. After about 20 minutes I couldn't take it any longer and went out to coax her back home (mind you, this took me finding her, and attempting to run after her Yelling, I LOVE YOU PLEASE DONT EVER LEAVE ME as she ran away plugging her ears). I gave up and went back in. Not much longer Saige did eventually find her way back home and I had a talk with her. I explained to her how important she is to our family and that no matter what she can talk with us and we can work things out, she better never run away again. Once things were light hearted she showed me what she had packed (2 shirts, all her frog figurines, 3 pennies, underwear, and her scriptures). Then my favorite part was the sign she made-I had to take a photo of it of course. It states, "LOST NEED A HOME"
Thursday, December 8, 2011
ATTEMPT FAILED
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment