MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hell in a handbasket part 1

What kind of a title is that? I have to admit that I wasn't as crazy as this part of the vacation as I should have been. All growing up, and even in the beginning part of my marriage if you were to ask me where my favorite places to go were, it would be DISNEYLAND. Now it's not that I don't like Disneyland, I just like relaxing a lot better. We left on a Saturday evening to check into our hotel and attempt to get a little rest before our Disneyland marathon days began.
The girls were really excited to go to the park and making them sit for a picture wasn't probably the kindest thing to do-but come on, before all the excitement gets to them I had to take a photo of their innocence.
We all love Dumbo-Who wouldn't love to control an elephant? We went directly to Dumbo once the park was opened and took a few rides around before the lines got too long.
This was a ride that was done every morning NO MATTER WHAT. Hey I can't complain it is probably one of my favorite rides and of course it was Rylan's favorite.
Now the older girls had a favorite that they rode several times every day, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Family favorite (minus Rylan-she didn't care for it though she tried it 2x). I think the fast pace safe coaster is what gets us loving it.
Mark was really good to ride with the older girls on just about anything they wanted to go on. I am not a huge fan of bigger rides so it worked out just right.
Mr. Toads wild ride also not a favorite!!
Whenever you wait for a parade you have to stuff yourself with candy-and ice cream. So we indulged until our teeth almost fell out.
I loved watching the girls eat their suckers and enjoy the parade.
Good ol' Mickey himself.
You have to watch out in toon town for the dangerous drivers.

I think this is my motto--though I will try.

The only thing Rylan talked about all day was getting a cotton candy. I tried to hold off as long as I could but they had their own money so what could I do. I let them have at it and look at that face.
Time to meet the boss man.
First day at Disney land went well but my goodness our legs and our feet were all aching. It isn't necessarily the walking it is all the standing you do that kills. I am amazed that you don't loose weight at Disney from all the adrenaline, walking, running, standing, laughing, smiling, crying etc.... I guess all the crud food counter balances.

0 comments: