I feel like a lot of things I can go into feeling confidant but this Marathon has definitely had me scared silly. I am much more terrified this year than last year. I am not sure if it is because I don't have my partner in crime to run half of it with me, because I feel old and slow, because I know how hard of work it is or what. Sitting here 3 days before I am sweating bullets and having major anxiety about what I should wear-weather wise, what is going to be comfortable, should I take my inhaler with me or not, at what mile am I going to take gu, what should I have for a light breakfast, will I get good rest, can I do this,what headphones should I wear, if it rains will the family decide to ditch me (who wants to sit in rain for almost 4 hours), Is Rylan going to hate me because I am missing her spring performance? So many things to think about.
I guess I feel like the pressure is on because I did pretty good last year and I know I am not physicallyin the same shape this year.
Being a smaller race I am hoping to put some of my jitters behind and really focus every mile on form, pace, breathing, my life. I am praying for a miracle and that I can complete this feeling satisfied-but what is satisfied??????? oh goodness. I did read somewhere that you should have 3 plans going into a race. 1. pace time for if weather is bad, storm, your body is crap...2. pace time for what you would like to be around and 3. pace time for your goal-whether it's a PR or just to not be injured. I am making those plans as we speak, or as I write. So I think I am going to attempt 4:18 if bad conditions, 4:00 for what I want to be around and 3:50 to beat my PR. Now that I have it in writing lets see how it goes. I plan on throwing 26 negative thoughts out the window of different excuses I murmur when I run and I am not going to use them once they are thrown out at the race again.
If I stop and shed a few tears along the way, It's ok right????? MOMMY (that is my friends favorite thing to say when struggling and I use it often now-or HEAVEN HELP US)I'll let you know if I survive or not in a few days.

1 comments:
Haha! You make me laugh. This is not a time to yell mommy though! lol. You will do great! And whether or not you run slow or fast you will have done something most people will never even dream of doing. :)
Post a Comment