MY CUTE FAMILY

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

who doesn't love summer

Some of my favorite memories are being with my family and just chilling out. The greatest thing is that we don't have to be doing anything special-just hanging with each other. During the summer if we can help it the older girls-including myself and Dad (not a girl but our captain-driver) head out to yard sales starting at 6:50 a.m. This requires me to choose wisely-stay up late and play games or go to bed at a somewhat normal time and rise really early to get a run in. Every day is a different choice, depending on my will power. The yard sales in the Tri-cities can be amazing and sometimes you walk away wondering what you just went in search of for 4 hours. Needless to say we always come home with some pretty good hauls and then we do a show and tell (I will show you pictures of this someday).
Here Mom and Sheila sweat it out on the 100 degree day on the front porch (yes we have AC inside but it's not as fun).
 Logan Loves Mark-I mean LOVES him. When Mark comes Logan is practically jumping out of our arms to get to him. Once in Mark's arm's he is showing Mark all the neat things out and about-pointing everywhere. Mark is pretty entertained by this little guy and they do some amazing Male bonding time.
 We found this cute bike at a yard sale and knew the perfect person it would fit-Oh the lucky girl. It is a really cute bike too.
 These 2 girls had a really good weekend with each other and found time to have fun and get along. We never know what we are in for.
 Sheila got this bike for her and so Ambria is giving it a whirl to see how it works-or is that Logan giving it a whirl?
 Just Don't ask!!
 Oh my sweet little niece is getting cuter and cuter as the days go by. We found this cute flapper dress at a yard sale and the moment she saw it she put it on. She has gone everywhere with it including to bed. When asked to put on a helmet-she said, "no I got tis" meaning her oh so protective flapper feather.
 Saige still twirling her hair to see how twirly it can get-heck she may even be eating on it.
Summer days around here are so relaxing and enjoyable. I am grateful I have a place I can go for some down time because believe me I need it.

3 comments:

April said...

looks like lots of hanging around. I do love that we can sit around and visit with out having the t.v. going or doing something.
love the bikes. I would love to see Kaedras flapper dress standing up.

shuttle5 said...

The bike is brand new. I told Saige how I used to use my long hair as dental floss; it was in 4th period right after lunch when I was in choir. Sure was handy!

shuttle5 said...

I'd rather sit in the heat than in an air conditioned room...looks heavenly!