As a parent I think you often find yourself doing things that you wouldn't "normally" do. I am not a lover of little slimy creatures, but my daugher is. So every year we have to head on out and try to find FROGS to bring home for a few days. This year we were able to find them pretty quick. Or should I say Saige and Mark were able to find them pretty quick. 
I found myself wondering around near Rylan, trying to capture the last bit of sunshine before it set for the evening.
Ambria takes after me quite a bit, therefore you will see her arms wrapped around her with the towel. She loves to watch but please do not make her touch.
Oh Mr. Kermit aren't you so excited that you get to come home and spend some time with our family? "CROAK"
Nope he didn't turn into a prince, better luck next time Saige.
Rylan loved this little guy, and she named him DOT. He was pretty much as small as a dot. I think I could handle this kind a little bit better but still it moves.
Saige found two big whoppers and she loved going out and checking on them. I found myself so worried about them not having food that I would walk around in our field next door in search of capturing live crickets, moths, butterflys, flys etc... We were able to get some but probably not enough to fill their bellies. On the third day Saige said her good byes.
We walked the frogs just a little ways down from where we live and found a nice water ditch/drainage for them to live. We really tried to find a place that they could blend in and hopefully live a good life. Saige was a little concerned that they might jump out on the busy road-but I never saw any frog squashings so I think we made a good decision.
I am glad we can find these frogs to entertain the kids for a few days, just long enough to please their desire for a pet frog but long enough so that it too can stay alive and live a happy frog life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment