MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

I haven't really been in the Halloween mood this year and it just seemed to sneak up on us so quickly. I told the girls that we weren't buying any costumes and that they needed to use their creativity from our buckets. Rylan thought she could borrow an outfit from her cousin "belly dancer"-she did but it tore within the first 20 minutes so she got out her old 50's outfit and stuck with that. Saige went with a cat outfit. Ambria decided to go as a teacher, until I discovered that a "teacher" was just her everyday clothes-nope not going to work for your last year of trick or treating. After much argument on both sides she went with a witch outfit. Unfortunately I wasn't home so I couldn't get a picture of her in it-she then went out with friends trick or treating. Yes she is a teenager already.
 
 Aren't these 2 girls so darn cute-I just wanna wrap em' up and keep them forever-Oh I do get to keep them forever.
 We went to a few of our favorite spots-old folks homes, downtown Hood River and around a neighborhood in town. Lucky for us we hit down town right when they were opening so we were able to get candy without having to wait in lines or without getting trampled. We met up with my sister and her family and traveled around together bringing in the festivities.
 Yes this was a real pumpkin. We weren't sure at first until we went and saw a little mold growing on it-then we knew it was real. Pretty cool.
 What piece do you pick? Several times when the girls were given the choice to pick a candy they stared at it all with their brain wheels churning trying to figure out what piece would last the longest and was the biggest.
 I hope I am this fun and cute when I am older. A lamp shade REALLY, you are a doll.
 Do cat's really like a lot of candy??? this one does.
 Check out those biceps holding all that heavy candy.
 The girls were excited to get to the first house. They loved ringing the bell and Rylan loved to peak in the small windows to see if anyone was coming.
 Saige is cuddling her new baby kittens-ok her new baby candies. I think she could make a pillow out of that thing.
 HOLY CANDY yes we are trying to see how many teeth can fall out the first night. Rylan was actually pretty smart and went through her candy, sorting it and then taking out all the candy she knew she didn't want and keeping the the good stuff. I heard on the radio a good idea this morning. They stated that if you knew a person serving in the military or someone in another land doing humanitarian work, Candy was the #1 item needed. The little kids love to get a candy that they have never had or never tried. I think it is a fantastic idea and I may try and figure out how I can do this.
 Since Ambria only went to one neighborhood she really didn't get a lot. Her candy was probably the correct portion. We had a great Halloween and lots of fun. It was magical to be done by 7:30-LOVED IT but I missed having Bree come with us, boo hoo.

0 comments: