Rylan was so excited to turn 7 she almost couldn't stand it. The morning of her Birthday she woke up and said, "Happy Birthday to me". I had convinced Rylan that if we just had a family Birthday party that I would get her more presents than if we had one with friends. It really didn't take too much. However after celebrating at school she came home to see her Birthday cake-which I did in 2 circle 8" pans, she CRIED. "Why did you make me a baby birthday cake, I am not a baby". I normally layer the 2 circle pans on top of each other and this time I put them on two separate flat plates. Then I had 7 wrapped presents and I heard, "that's not that many." and more tears. I couldn't seem to win in any way. She felt like the house wasn't decorated enough and it really didn't feel like a Birthday. I know it sounds like she was being a little spoiled boogar but IT IS A SPECIAL DAY!!!! I told her that if we had had a party there would have only been 2 presents. I of course felt bad that it was my idea to have just a family Birthday. I asked the girls to help chip in and make her happy so she could have a good Birthday.
After calling Mark to pick up a few Balloons, Ambria hung up the Happy Birthday sign and Saige got busy coming up with a few "game" ideas. Saige watched a tutorial on how to draw a bunny rabbit so we could play "pin the tale on the bunny". It was really cute, she then set up a bunch of chairs in the Living room for musical chairs. We had a good time playing these games and Rylan loved doing them (I think we played for like 2hours with just her). Ambria made her a special card also.Even though Rylan was a little bummed to begin with I think she cheered up as she received presents-LOTS OF SQUINKIES/zinkies.
I do think one of her favorite items was her skirt/shirt -she loves to be a girl (you can check out Saige's awesome art in the back).
Happy sweet Birthday Rylan I can't believe that you are 7 years old now, BOO HOO.
Trying to make sure that wish counts.
We sure love you and you are definitely a big girl now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment