MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Oh Richard baby

The creativity is draining us. Halloween comes every year and we try and try to figure out what we are going to be. I had a list as long as California but wasn't happy with any of the ideas. Melanie mentioned to me that Mark should do Richard Simmons. I laughed because I knew that would be a big FAT NO. When I mentioned the idea to him later on he laughed and said no way. As the days went by and I gave him other ideas Richard was starting to look better and better. After doing some major research on our "Richard" boy we realized this was going to have to be the outfit. I use to do "Sweatin to the oldies" back many years ago when I was too heavy to do much more and I loved it-so I watched a little more so we could get our proper slang. Costumes are all about the details right?
 So we bought the "BLING" for the tank top and then we had to buy womens shorts (because really, they don't make men's shorts that short anymore-FOR A GOOD REASON). We then had to add White duct tape to make them striped. Mark cut off a few pair of socks to layer them thick. Mark also went and bought the darkest cover up you could find to give him that SPECIAL tan. Of course Mark just grew the hair out naturally.
 I was his little exercise guru-I made sure to get the leg warmers, HOT 80's colors, ratted hair, thong jazzercise suit, extra cellulite-cotton balls (hey I had plenty to go around but I needed to pretend that there was more)
 WORK IT BABY!!!!!
 A group of our friends getting ready to go out and do a photo scavenger hunt-oh yes here we come HOOD RIVER>
 How much fun can you have in one night, and what an odd mixture of a group-Nerds, killers, O fans, Exercise gurus, The incredibles, Dog and Beth, stuck in the 80's prom groupies and an I pod.
 Checking out a film.
 Of course you have to lift weights with the fresh dairy in town.
We always have a great time with our friends and we are so happy that there are people out there like us that like to have a lot of fun and let their hair down. I am also glad that Mark went as Richard this year-I don't know how we will top next year, I mean come on.

0 comments: