Almost 2 months ago I succumbed to another exercise challenge. My sister in law had been raving and raving about Cross fit and how much she loved it. Then not only did I see her transform, but I saw her time in running increase a great deal-I was convinced I should give it a go. So on Sept 11th I went to my first fundamental class a little leary and came out completly sore. The things that you do it cross fit fundamentals is training you for the hard stuff to come. You learn proper technique and how everything should be done and then you do a hard work out for 1/2 hour. I was told to go at this at a slow pace- fundamentals 2x a week for about a month or 2 and then up it to 3x a week and then join crossfit for 3x or unlimited.
I have just bumped it up to 3x a week and now I also have a boot camp at the sports club taught by 2 crossfitters (so really I am sneaking in 5 classes ha ha). I have loved the way I am starting to slowly get muscles back and how I can see how far I need to go and what I need to do to get there. I have not transformed anything at all but legs that feel like bricks when I run-they are so heavy. I am howevering going to start up the PALEO challenge come this next month-if I can with all the holidays and we will see where it takes me. My goal is to get in the best shape of my life and run a marathon in the best time and then get a tummy tuck. OK I know I dream big but ya gotta start somewhere. Of course I don't have pictures of myself doing crossfit (because that would be in the comic section) but here are just a few tiny things you might do in class-beleive me there are tons, look it up.
Pull ups
box jumps
really dont we have animals for this
The dreaded heavy medicine balls-squats, deadlifts, wall balls you name it.
UGH BURPEES
Running
Is that legal?
Rowing
Kettle bell everything
And when I have finished my workout and all is said and done this is what I think:










2 comments:
No joke, Levi is looking at crossfit videos on youtube right now. We are thinking about doing it
Girl you are hard core! I love it and I also love reading about it. I'm starting a boot camp next month, but I'll let you do the cross fit! You go girl!
Post a Comment