MY CUTE FAMILY

Friday, February 8, 2008

Fire next door on February 8th 2008

We woke up this morning and heard a truck next door so out of curiosity we opened our window and here we see that our neighbors house burned up during the night-total loss inside. Mark and I have a bedroom just straight across from this and we cant believe we did not wake up. (plus we didn't go to sleep until after midnight)The elderly couple that live here are fine, mark is over there as we speak trying to help with clean up. Yes he is on the fire department, but his pager wasn't working. Of all times he could have been the fastest response of any of them. Needless to say we are so sad for our neighbors and I am sure we will be assisting them in the next few weeks.


As you contemplate the photos remember that it was started with just their electric blanket. He woke up because his legs were really hot and the blanket was fully engulfed in flames. Miraculously they made it out with not a scratch and even had time to call 911 before leaving the home.


5 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

I drove by it a few minutes ago. It doesn't look too bad on the outside, but like you said, you can tell the inside is a MESS!

Chris and Melanie said...

Oh my heck! I just saw the new pics you took of the inside. I NEVER would have expected it to be sooo bad! YIKES!

The Mansfield's said...

That just looks awful! I sleep with a heated mattress cover every night. That is scary!!!!!! Luckily they all got out O.K. and noone is hurt. Hopefully they had insurance.

Chris and Melanie said...

Hey little missy! I have been tagged, and in turn am tagging you. Check out my blog for more info. xoxo

Ashley said...

Wow, what a mess. I'm glad everyone is ok. It's great hearing from you. Please do stop by if you're driving to Disneyland. We'd love to see you!!