MY CUTE FAMILY

Friday, June 13, 2008

fun and birthdays


Ambria's 8th Birthday Party went over great with a few friends and cousins. It was a little lower key this year-which was nice so it wasn't as overwhelming. She chose the theme of TEDDY BEAR PICNIC so we tried to revolve everything around that-the wind always seems to blow around here (hence the windsurfing) sot it is hard to keep tableclothes, balloons and decor-in one place. Our little baby is turning 8 on Sunday-we had the friends party today and we will have the family gatherings after her baptism on Sunday-fathers day. She was so excited to have a birthday and get presents (gum).
Some of the kids that came over-what fun friends.
Rylan is in love with Sunglasses all of a sudden and discovered hers-for the most part she puts them on upside down but she is just so darn cute in them I can't help but snap photos.


Olives could be a main food staple for Ry- I don't know where she got this since neither Mark or I enjoy them. She can sit and eat a whole can. So far we haven't had any side effects so they must be ok for you. Our little "olive oil". I love this stage in age-she is so much fun.
I am not sure how this picture got down here but here is my oh so not classy "teddy bear picnic" cake. For some reason my cake decor tips weren't working so well so my frosting lookes somewhat interesting. Oh well, I guess every year you think you might get better-but I get worse.


4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a special birthday! The age of accountability... Is she excited or what?
You always have great parties and about the cake decorating, I never get any better either. But hey, when you only decorate when it's the kids' birthdays what can we expect? Check out my blog next week and I will have this weekends birthday cake on it and you will see that I sympathize with you.

Maisey can eat tons of olives too and they are healthy fat so that is great!

Susan said...

I love the Teddy Bear picnic theme - so cute!

April said...

what a big girl.
look like you party was really fun.
did you get any pictures of Kelsey's graduation. You know you are the only way I will see the festivities.
I don't see mom blogging any time soon.

Chris and Melanie said...

Happy b-day to Ambria!!! I seriously can't believe she was only two when we moved here. I hate that they are growing up!!!