I wanted to write about some beautiful hikes that I was able to take with some cousins and aunts this summer (notice I didn't say uncles-they were to busy playing rook or golf to hike). We were able to do some fantastic trails up in Trout lake washington. What amazed me is that I have lived so close to these hikes all my life and I have never done any of them or heard of any of them for that fact. This is the top of the waterfall looking down. A small group of us prepared to go on this really long hike and we drove quite a ways to get to this falls (I can't remember the name). We arrived ready to be gone for hours and it turns out it was only a 1/4 of a mile hike- BUT it was worth the long drive and the short hike,
The following day we decided to press our luck and try another hike-Sleeping Beauty. I think it is called that because while you are hiking you can only think of sleep and when you are done with the hike you are so exhausted you sleep beautifully. I am not one who loves straight up hill hikes-even though the view is magnificent-But I am one to not stop something I started (ok for the most part). We hiked quite a few miles up, UP, UPPPPPP (did I say UP) with few moments to catch our breath and catch a sip of water. Some of the teenagers ran up it (yeah it made me feel really old-even one of my aunts passed me up. But I did beat up 2 of my youthful cousins so I guess I have something to be proud of.)
This is Whitney and I almost to the top-I am not a height's lover so I tried to play it as cool as I could. Even though some parts were so narrow, my heart would race and I would have to remind myself of my family at home. I did love the view and it was breathtaking and even a bit chilly on this 90 degree day.
At the top it gets a little narrow, a little bit loose rock and a lot of shaking knees.
Just one of the ledges
A few of the cousins at one of the peaks



2 comments:
wow I am so proud of you I probably couldn't even do it for the views. It looks like it was harder than hiking Diamond Head in Hawaii.
you took some great pic.
I love those pictures. I would have been very scared about being so close to the edge. At girls camp we hiked up a hill and when the girls got anywhere near the edge, I would freak out a little bit. I loved the veiw but was very freaked out most of the time.
Post a Comment