MY CUTE FAMILY

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Time out for me

Every once in awhile I have the opportunity to head to Portland for a church women's get together-This year was so spectacular with songs from Jason Deer and of course my all time favorite Kenneth Cope and Many great speakers. We came down on a Friday night and stayed in a hotel after lots of milkshakes at Red Robi. (Linda, Melanie Me and Tabitha) This is a group called the nashville tribute band-a couple of these guys have worked with some big names (writing songs for them) Diamond Rio, Jessica Simpson, She Daisey etc. They were amazing and I would recommend anyone to get their CD's especially if you like country and LDS music it is a great combination.

Since I was in College and was introduced to Kenneth Cope's music at a concert I have always been entranced by his music. I could listen to it all day and night-so to be able to listen in person for 2 days was like heaven. I forced Melanie up with me to the front so that I could meet him and get a picture. What do you say when you meet a "hero" -ok pretty much nothing-because everyone else wants to meet him. Just a quick hello, we love your music and please get in this picture so we can pretend we know you.
Thanks to Linda's quick feet we had great seats the next day towards the front. Debbie was able to join us for the last part of the day.
So Melanie and I decided to be cheap and bring our own lunches (the lunch boxes were like $17-pathetic)-This was the beautiful bag that Sister Colton let us borrow so that we could stuff our salads, grapes, water bottles and chips into the convention center. Isn't it classy-the new trend for sure, you can fit just about anything in that bag.

2 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

I still think I look like Mary Poppins with that bag! HA! What a great memory. I had so much fun with you and Tab and Linda. That is a trip I will not forget. You are such a fun and wonderful friend...even if you DID make me do the dirty work and turn me into Mary Poppins! lol. :)

P.S I'm glad you were able to drag me up to meet wonderful, sweet and all about LOVEEEEE, Kenneth!

April said...

well it looks like you guys had a lot of fun was it on night or two?
it is always nice to go and be renewed in the bible.