Every once in awhile Mark and I will get a smart, cheap, fun idea in our heads for the girls. On Friday nights we try to take the girls out to do something fun-swimming, bowling etc..but being that I was exhausted we decided to do an "in home theatre". While the kids went upstairs to play we arranged the couches, set up a concession stand, I went and rented a movie, and Mark made up the movie tickets. We had given the girls a set amount of money to spend on their treats. After calling them down-they were so excited they couldn't hardly contain themselves. "This is so cool, This is awesome" were the words Ambria repeated all night long over, and over. We tried to make it as much like the theater as possible-we even cordinated letting the lights down slowly as the movie started. What a fun adventerous night. It goes to show me, that if Mark and I just put a few minutes of thinking together we can come up with a very fun filled night for the kids-one that they will remember.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
The brennan theater
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a cute idea! I like your prices a lot better than the real theater's. Looks like the girls had a blast!
your awesome. I wish I had the energy right now to pull something like that off. have you kept in touch with becky or sharee? I wonder where they are.
Okay after that, you deserve the best mom ever award!!!! What a great fun idea that they really will always remember. Believe it or not, you could have 8 kids and you'de be awesome. :)
How fun! What a neat way to make an ordinary activity something extraordinary! Give the girls a hug for me :)
that was a great idea. I have the school age daycare kid all day mon, tue, and wed next week I was trying to come up with things to keep them busy and this one might just work out for us. Love ya
That is so fun! I bet your girls will be talking about that for years to come. I know I need to be reminded that not all fun has to cost a lot of money!
Post a Comment