MY CUTE FAMILY

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A day in/on the hood

We love to take little adventures with our kids-wherever the car will lead us. Since the kids have been out of school the past few days we decided to take a day trip up to the ski resorts and mess around in the snow. We really didn't decide to do this until----well---while we were in the car on our way there. We arrived with the snow falling down and the sun shining on the mountain. It was so beautiful to see the mountain up close in the winter. Typically it either has tons of clouds around it or skiiers-today neither. But the snow falling on us made it feel delightful.

Walking around Mt Hood Meadows was fun but we were only 1/2 dressed for it (Rylan had flip flops). Smart mom had packed coats and hats-BE PREPARED. The girls shivered but we were able to throw our first snowballs. It made us all anxious to come ski, snowboard and sled.

Yes our feet got a little cold, needless to say we followed up this trip with buying winter boots for the upcoming snow season.
Smarty Pants mom decided it would be fun to have a picnic in the car(since it was a little chilly outside). We arranged the seats to tuck in, layed out a picnic blanket and all squished in. Let me paint a picture-our legs couldn't move, if you moved your feet you would knock over someone elses drink or food-soup, sandwich, drink were dripped everywhere-then Rylan has to pee; so you have the porta kids potty with us-(sitting next to me) she takes a little relief and then I get to sit by it while we eat (we can't open the back,we are so crammed in that the only way possible to open it is for one of the older girls to climb over us to get out and let us out-in order to dump it). Mark couldn't help but laugh the entire time as I sat flustered-"it was your idea" he reminded me.

It was still fun memories
I am not sure why the 4 of them our so dark but oh well-This is at timberline Lodge. Mark did take the kids up today also-to sled but the rains came in and it was pouring buckets up there.
I couldn't ask to live in a prettier place. I just love all the different seasons. I am a girl who likes change and beautiful views


5 comments:

Susan said...

You guys are SOO funny! I just about died laughing over the picnic in the car - hilarious.

Okay, it looks so cold there. Brrr. Mr. Mt. Hood looks beautiful - I miss seeing that view every morning. You do live in the most beautiful place in the world - I miss it :) Thanks for the pictures.

BTW: Love the new look, and the new family picture. The colors are gorgeous (oh yeah, you guys are too!)

Gisela-David said...

You guys have so much fun! I'm jealous :-) Can't wait 'til we get to do all that random, fun, family stuff with our kids. We miss hanging out with you.

Chris and Melanie said...

The snow!!!! Wow,I bet the kids loved that. I won't tell my kids or they will say your a better mom than I am!!! :)

April said...

hey looks fun. Sure make me think of home when here it is still in the 80s I wish for the cool off so it at least seems like fall. What a fun family outing. picnic in the car I will make sure we don't try that any time soon.

Karen Lewis said...

Dog gonnit! You guys are cute! yes, it good to be able to keep in touch like this and see pictures to keep up with the kids. So cool! Karen