After many of years of much anticipation-my dream finally came true. I was able to relive my youth and go to a NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK concert. I have been counting down the days but never did I dream that it would be as fantastic and wonderful as it was. Together with my 2 friends-that admired these guys just as much as I did-we drove to Seattle for a reunion with our boys---hmmm MEN. We did not bring our sleeping bags, t-shirts, posters, dolls and everything else but we still went with tons of memories.
OF course we had to go in style and we decked out my van in NKOTB stuff-ON our drive we jammed to all the old Tapes. We played games where you had to guess the next line in the song, while Alaina only played a tiny portion. Of course we were pretty good, the songs weren't that difficult. We also listened to the Newest CD a lot and really took a great liking to it.

I can't even
begin to tell you how many beeps and laughing we got on our journey. There were a lot of fans who had to go to Seattle after the Portland show was cancelled due to the NEW KIDS performance on the music award show. SO of course their were a lot of us on the road. I found that every fan we encountered was a sweet as could be.

Before our show we rushed to get food, check in our hotel and pop on some buttons-the only thing that was still workable. (
Alaina, me and Melissa)

Check out our BIG BUTTONS. Bummer part was that they were so old, when Melissa walked around with me at the concert one of them fell off of it's backing and of course was lost forever-----after all these years, sad.
Oh were we so cool-Mel loved Donnie,
Alaina was a Joe fan and of course I loved Jordan with those hot little dimples.
We arrived at the concert with plenty of time to spare and check out the SALE items. Needless to say, the t-shirts, hats, programs were a little out of the ball park for these girls-since we probably would never wear them.

I am not really up
to date on the opening acts but it was like-Lady gaga and NB-Natasha bedingfield???? they were pretty interesting but it still got us hyped and ready to go.
Alaina saved her energy for the
NKOTB. Funny thing was that Mark's sister Emily's best friends Mandy was right behind me-such a small world---but who didn't love these guys (besides every man and parent of the
obsessee. PS there were a lot of husbands and boyfriends drug along and they all seemed to be having just as much fun as we did)

CHEESE
The concert was so spectacular because we had amazing tickets and you could actually see their faces and they weren't just little ants dancing on the stage-but real people. The entertainment was beyond measure. I honestly
don't remember a better time that I have had since my wedding day. I think that going back to the days when life was so easy and carefree was just something no one could take away. We don't have that now by any means.
The screaming was so loud-along with my own; that my ears were ruined the entire night and of course your throat was a little rough from screaming. I think this concert surpassed any of the ones I went to when they were originally out.

They actually came down from the stage at one point and performed on this little platform with a piano-yes walking through the crowd, that would have never happened in the old days; they would have been attacked. It was fun to see how grown up they were too-and you could tell by the conversation that they had with ADULT fans.
Hmm
So these aren't the greatest of pictures but it was the best I could do-I have a gal that is going to e-mail me all her pictures when she gets back to San
jose (she went to 3, seriously-lucky bum). Her pictures were to die for-I mean, up close and personal.

Need I say more-the close up on the big screen was even hotter!!!!!!!!!!!!-Mark understands

I'll be loving you forever----They played a lot of their golden oldies and quite a lot of their new stuff. I don't have a
particular part of the concert that I loved most because it was all so perfect--of course being in front row would have been THE BOMB. I checked out tickets for San Diego and LA in the front or near their piano performance area but when it gets into the 1500$$$$you have to say to yourself-Tammy, Jordan's married and you are married wait for the next reunion show-PLEASE let there be more.

I finished with these pictures but we took more after with Melissa's camera-my memory card was full. We were able to wait near the bus' and watch them head off-doubt they saw us scream for them-but that is
ok, it was the thrill of the hunt. We ended up staying up until 3am laughing,
reminiscing, goofing, telling stories and then we also changed rooms (our heater wasn't working and we were shivering). I will never forget this fun adventure that I was able to take with my buddies and have one of the best times of my lives-THANKS girls for the long life time memories and BIG THANKS to the
NKOTB for getting back together after all these many of years away. WE LOVE YOU<>
5 comments:
that is so great I am really glad you had a good time. just thinking about how much you love theese guys brought back so many memories for me. I am so glad that we had a mother who let us follow our dreams and was so nice who would do anything to make her kids happy. I am glad that you were able to go then and that you were able to go now.
I love ya sis
I'm so glad you posted pics of JORDAN!!!!! hahaha. I am so jealous. I am so glad you got to go. I will just keep dreaming of when I will see them again. ;)
Oh, and one more thing...I think this is JUST what the Doctor ordered for you, because you look sooooo happy. I can just tell by the look on your face that you are in heaven. :)
You guys are SOOO funny. I cannot believe how obsessed you all were back then - and now! Hilarious.
You should check out my friend Carren's post about the NKOTB concert. She got to go backstage and has VERY up close pictures: http://mycket.blogspot.com .
I'm glad you crazies had fun!
You girls are so cute! I saw some of Alaina's pictures on Facebook. Glad you had so much fun!
Remember back in YW, when everyone signed birthday cards? I actually have one where you signed it Tammy Knight and Alaina signed it Alaina McIntyre ( or however you spell it) Fun times!
Post a Comment