I have been insanly busy, hence no blogging for the past week (though I have some fun pictures I am going to put on here-soon). A tradition of ours is to always get our tree the weekend after thanksgiving up at a little tree farm in willard Washington. We have done this since I was a little girl. This year I helped narrow the selection down and then I let Mark choose-he decided to get the fattest one there and tallest so we could cram it into our living room. After taking a few feet-I mean inches, off we set it up. The kids were so excited and of course wanted to decorate it that night. The next day I set forth on getting the lights on the tree-half way through the day I realized I had the wrong lights and after 2 trips to the store for lights, I finally had the right amount,right kind, right colors etc. After another day (delay because I had to decorate the church's tree)-I placed the last 2 strands on. It looked fantastic-I mean I was proud of myself, FOR 3 MINUTES and then this happened. As you can see only 2 strands continued working-something isn't working and I don't have the time to stop and figure it out. Mark took a little time this evening to look at it but after returning home later in the evening it still lookes sad and miserable. I say forget the Merry tree and lets decorate our kitchen plant. I am so exhausted from dealing with Crappy Christmas decorations (The tree at the church was 1/2 shorted out and I spent over 5 hours re-lighting the entire section that was dead). I am at a loss and have decided if some miracle doesn't happen over night we just might not have lights on it that work this year-I am NOT re-doing it. Count this scrooge out.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Bah HumBug
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 10:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
you are too funny. I totally agree. my kids called my mom and dad last week to ask them if they would help them decorate our house for christmas as we have done nothing yet. I had great intentions, but a little pre-ocupied. check out the blog of the new baby boyer. good luck with your christmas tree. i think it looks great without a full strand of lights.
Ok, so I know people like to go "real" but after lights malfunctioning in the past we spent $170.00 on a fake one this year and I couldn't be happier! It looks real, and it looks so pretty. The best part and the motivator behind it, the lights are all ready strung.
I'll be the best friends ever and be honest...it looks like crap!!!! hahaha...I'm actually joking. If I were you I would leave it as is and put the ornaments on. Less fire danger, lol.
you could always just add more and don't take the old ones off. I think it is actually a beautiful tree i love its shape
Tammy,
So sorry to hear about your tree woes, Jacob and I can relate to the lights at the church's tree. But thanks for a good laugh! I hate to get enjoyment out of something that brings you so much annoyance but it was a good story. Miss you all!
-Laurie
p.s. Melanie your comment made me laugh too!
I do have to say that at the Ward Christmas Tree Lighting the tree looked fabulous. You did go back and doctor it up, and it's stunning. I'll bet your home tree is also "finished" and done right! It really is a chore, but so wonderful when done.
Post a Comment